Explore the world of sketching and learn tips and tricks to capture your travels or everyday subjects accurately in your sketchbook. Learn to observe and render light and shadow using pencil, pen, ink and watercolour washes and discover your individual artistic style and gain the skills and confidence to fill up your sketchbooks. Reference materials will be provided but feel free to bring along any favourite travel snaps you may want to sketch also.
Two day oil painting workshop at the artists studio in North Narrabeen, Sydney. In this workshop students will learn to paint portraits working directly from the life model. Students will:
- focus on developing critical observation skills, connecting and tuning in with your subject
- how to measure facial proportions, how to ‘see’ from life versus photo
- learn the importance of a tonal underpainting and establishing a good foundation to build your portrait
- exploring colour, character and realistic features
- learn how to set out a basic oil colour palette for mixing skin tones
Learn how to create exciting and vibrant pictures from beautiful chalk pastels. Stephanie will guide you through the process step by step and you will complete a landscape painting to take home with you. You will learn mark marking techniques, blending, layering and blocking in using pastel and spirits. Develop skills in composition, design and colour harmony. Stephanie will also demonstrate how to prime your own paper ready for pastel. A perfect introduction to the world of chalk pastels for beginners wanting to learn how to work with this beautiful medium.